Staged auto accidents and “crash for cash” schemes cost the insurance industry about $20 billion a year and result in higher auto insurance rates – an average of $100 to $300 a year according to the FBI.
Insurance claims can be time consuming and costly. A lack of solid evidence can often mean companies automatically accept liability resulting in higher insurance premiums.
According to a survey of drivers, fleet managers, and other industry professionals undertaken by Brigade, cameras and recording technology significantly reduce incident reports and personal injury claims. More than half (56%) of those surveyed said the tech improved driver behavior, and 47% said incident reports had decreased after installation.
The survey also found that 29% said personal injury claims had dropped, while 32% saw a reduction in insurance costs.
Installing dash cams to your fleet can help to protect your business from crash-for-cash scams as well as having other benefits. These include:
- Irrefutable evidence in the event of an incident or false claim
- Assisting with driver training
- Providing an extra layer of security for both drivers and vehicles
- Preventing vandalism
- Providing fleet operators and drivers with peace of mind
Technology you can rely on
Brigade’s range of dash cams are ideal for commercial vehicles and can be used in conjunction with its vehicle CCTV Mobile Digital Recorder (MDR) and cloud-based fleet management service, BRIDGE.
Available as a standalone camera (DC-101-000), standalone with additional rear camera (DC-101-001) and standalone with additional infrared camera (DC-102-IRC), each camera in Brigade’s range is available with four recording modes:
- Continuous recording – activated automatically when the engine is started.
- Parking recording – while the vehicle is parked in a stationary position, the dash cam will record anything that triggers the incident through its motion detection system.
- Event/incident recording – this mode uses the built in G sensor to record footage before and after a collision.
- Manual recording – similar to a video camera. Capture events that occur in front of your vehicle, whether it is in motion or not, by pressing a button.
Other features include:
- High-definition resolution for clear, high-quality footage
- GPS tracking data post recording
- Easy to use software to quickly and simply recover video data
- Full color control for optimized night-time recording
- Wide dynamic range function to eliminate bright spots on footage
- Designed with a super capacitor, which automatically provides backup power in the event of a power failure ensuring no data is lost and recordings are safely stored
- Optional locking box and key to prevent theft or tampering
For further information about Brigade and our commercial vehicle safety systems, please get in touch.